Wed, 23 Nov|
Online Zoom Workshop
Carbon Literacy Workshop for the Housing Sector (split over two consecutive mornings.)
Specifically developed for those working in the social housing sector, this online course delivered by SDG Changemakers will cover the science of climate change, local and global impacts and how these will affect the work and duties of housing providers, and impacts their tenants.
Time & Location
23 Nov 2022, 9:30 am – 1:00 pm GMT
Online Zoom Workshop
About the event
This workshop is scheduled over two consecutive mornings - the 23rd and 24th of November, 2022.
Explore climate solutions, create an action plan for yourself and your work, and gain Carbon Literate certification on our online course.
Specifically developed for those working in the social housing sector, this online course will cover the science of climate change, local and global impacts and how these will affect the work and duties of housing providers.
Drawing on our experience and the Sustainable Development Goals, we’ll look at low-carbon objectives in the housing sector and create an action plan to help influence and mobilise others. Your output from this course will be evaluated by the Carbon Literacy Project for you to be certified as Carbon Literate.
What is Carbon Literacy? The Carbon Literacy Project describes it as ‘An awareness of the carbon costs and impacts of everyday activities and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.’
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of the basic science of climate change and how climate change will affect us both globally and locally.
- Gain an understanding of how you can mobilise change in your job role.
- Explore the low carbon objectives and reasons why in the business sector.
- Create an action plan to help reduce the carbon footprint of your workplace and organisation.
- Explore strategies for influencing and supporting others to take action on climate change.
- Duration: two consecutive morning sessions - 9:30 – 13:00 on both days.
- Location: online. We can also offer this training as a bespoke course on a date to suit you. Please get in touch to arrange.
- There are up to two additional hours of independent work for accreditation.
- Fees: £135.
- Includes: tuition, question and answer sessions, online course materials, Carbon Literacy Project accreditation.
- Terms and conditions. You must be 16 years or over to attend this course.
Meet your trainer
Claire Benson has over 20 years of working in Asia, New Zealand and the UK for NGOs, government and commercial entities. Claire is an Honorary Teaching Fellow and Entrepreneur in Residence at the University of Lancaster and a Chartered Practitioner of Public Relations.
Carbon Literacy Workshop
This ticket outlines the details for the online workshop with SDG Changemakers Ltd.