Tue, 24 Jan|
Carbon Literacy for SMEs - create your Carbon Reduction Plan (24th & 25th January 2023)
Creating a Carbon Reduction Plan is essential for SMEs to meet Net Zero targets, comply with Government policy and meet Corporate and Public procurement criteria checks. This Workshop supports SMEs in understanding why climate action is important, what businesses can do and how to do it.
Time & Location
24 Jan, 9:30 am GMT
About the event
This workshop is split over two consecutive mornings, Tuesday 24th & 25th January, starting at 9.30 am until 1 pm.
Explore climate solutions, create a Carbon Reduction Plan, and gain Carbon Literate certification on our online course.
Specifically developed for those leading and managing SMEs, this online course will give you the knowledge and the tools to reduce your Company's impact on the environment, set Net Zero Targets and work out how to get there. We help you bring your team on board, and comply with Government policy and Corporate and Public procurement requirements.
The workshop covers the science of climate change, local and global impacts and how these affect the day-to-day operations of SMEs and influence procurement and sourcing requirements. Drawing on our experience and expertise in sustainable business model design and the Sustainable Development Goals, we’ll look at how SMEs can become sustainable, create a Carbon Reduction Plan, help create sustainable supply chains and ultimately tackle the Global Challenges we all face.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of the basic science of climate change and how climate change will affect us both globally and locally.
- Understand the Sustainable Development Goals and how climate change is affected by and affects Global Challenges.
- Explore the low carbon objectives of local, national and international governments and why we need to act in the business sector.
- Understand what a sustainable business model is and how to create one.
- Gain an understanding of how you can mobilise change in your organisation.
- Explore strategies for influencing and supporting others in your value chain to take action on climate change.
- Create a Carbon Reduction Plan to reduce your Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
What is Carbon Literacy? The Carbon Literacy Project describes it as ‘An awareness of the carbon costs and impacts of everyday activities and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.’
- Duration: two consecutive morning sessions - 9:30 – 13:00 on both days.
- Location: online, this training can also be arranged as a bespoke course on a date to suit you. Please get in touch to find out more.
- There are up to two additional hours of independent work for accreditation.
- Fees: £135.
- The fee includes tuition, question and answer sessions, online course materials and Carbon Literacy Project accreditation.
- Terms and conditions. You must be 16 years or over to attend this course.
Meet your senior trainer
Over the last 20 years, Claire Benson has worked in Asia, New Zealand and the UK for NGOs, government and commercial entities. Claire is an Honorary Teaching Fellow and Entrepreneur in Residence at the University of Lancaster, an Assessor for the University of Cambridge's short courses on sustainability and a Chartered Practitioner of Public Relations.
Carbon Literacy Workshop