Tue, 16 May|
Carbon Literacy for the Food & Drink Sector (Tuesday 16th & Wednesday 17th of May 2023)
Join SDG Changemakers for an online workshop on sustainable business practices in the Food and Drink industry, focused on the impact of Climate Change, reducing GHG emissions and meeting the demands of conscious consumers.
Time & Location
16 May 2023, 9:30 am GMT+1 – 17 May 2023, 1:00 pm GMT+1
About the event
This workshop is split over two consecutive mornings, Tuesday 16th & Wednesday 17th of May 2023, starting at 9.30 am until 1 pm.
Explore our changing climate and understand what we need to do to create a sustainable food system, and how to meet the needs of conscious consumers.
Farmers, growers, and those in the food and drink industry play a crucial role in nourishing and promoting health for people and the planet. If you are a brand manager, communicator, marketing manager, or simply someone with a passion for developing sustainable food brands, then this workshop is tailored just for you.
Join SDG Changemakers' educators for this online sustainability workshop aimed at helping the Food and Drink industry understand Climate Change and implement sustainable practices in line with growing conscious consumer trends. Blending Sustainable Food Production and Processing practices with Carbon Literacy, this workshop creates a mind-shift for tackling GHG Emissions personally and professionally.
During this workshop, we will discuss practical solutions that can help reduce our carbon footprint and how to make sustainable practices part of our daily professional routines. By attending this workshop, you'll take crucial steps towards influencing consumer choices for a cleaner and greener future for our planet while supporting waste reduction and sustainable food production and processing.
This immersive experience will explore practical ways to reduce our impact on the environment and address climate change and social justice. During this Carbon Literacy training, we will cover a wide range of topics, including waste reduction, energy conservation, the circular economy, and the science behind and the effects of climate change.
You'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the field and connect with other like-minded individuals who are committed to making a positive change. By the end of the workshop, you'll leave with a comprehensive understanding of sustainability, climate change and the tools and knowledge to make a difference.
Join us and be part of the movement to build sustainable Food and Drink brands which meet the needs of today's consumers and citizens and are fit for the future. Register now to secure your spot!
What you will learn:
- Gain an understanding of the science of climate change and how climate change affects us both globally and locally.
- Understand how climate change affects and is affected by the production of food.
- Understand how Food Security impacts all the Global Challenges we face as outlined in the Sustainability Development Goals.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how marketing, communications and purchasing impact consumer choices and overall efforts to reduce GHG emissions.
- Build your capacity to navigate the complexities of greenwashing and purpose-washing with transparency and clarity.
- Gain the confidence and practical skills to talk about Climate Change and become Carbon Literate.
- Acquire practical theories and tools that can be used to create compelling, sustainably focused business cases and implement sustainable marketing practices.
About this workshop
This workshop has been designed by our curriculum and domain experts. To find out more, click here.
What is a Sustainable Food System? It provides healthy and nutritious food for people and creates sustainable ecological ecosystems, financial security for businesses and prosperous rural communities. Sustainable food systems start with the development of sustainable agricultural practices, the development of more sustainable food distribution systems, and the reduction of food waste throughout the system. Sustainable food systems are central to the Sustainable Development Goals.
What is Carbon Literacy? The Carbon Literacy Project describes it as ‘An awareness of the carbon costs and impacts of everyday activities and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.’ We would add that being Carbon Literate is now an essential part of our jobs and roles as it helps us all to communicate using the same language, reduce miscommunication and enact the change the planet so desperately needs.
- Duration: two consecutive morning sessions - 9:30 – 13:00 on both days.
- Location: online, this training can also be arranged as a bespoke course on a date to suit you. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Fees: £135.
- The fee includes tuition, question-and-answer sessions, online course materials and a review of your Carbon Reduction and Nature Positive Plan.
- Terms and conditions. You must be 16 years or over to attend this course.
Meet your senior trainer.
Pauline Stirling is an education expert, with a career spanning the classroom, as Head of Department, freelance educational consultant, author of educational resources, writer of pedagogical articles and blogs, and online tutor.
- Ticket type
Sustainable Food WorkshopPrice£135.00