Tue, 11 Apr|
Creating a Sustainable Food Sector (Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th April 2023)
Creating a sustainable food sector is essential to meet Net Zero targets, comply with Government policy and meet Corporate & Public procurement criteria checks. This Workshop supports SMEs in the food sector to understand why climate action is essential for food security, what to do & how to do it.
Time & Location
11 Apr, 9:30 am GMT+1
About the event
This workshop is split over two consecutive mornings, Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th of April 2023, starting at 9.30 am until 1 pm.
Explore our changing climate, what it means for the food sector and create a Carbon Reduction & Nature Positive Plan.
Specifically developed for those leading and managing SMEs in the Food Sector, this online course will give you the knowledge and the tools to understand the key attributes of a sustainable food system, reduce your Company's impact on the environment, set Net Zero Targets and work out how to get there. We help you bring your team on board, and comply with Government policy and Corporate and Public procurement requirements.
The workshop covers the science of climate change, local and global impacts and how these affect the day-to-day operations of SMEs and influence procurement and sourcing requirements. Drawing on our experience and expertise in sustainable food systems, sustainable business model design and Sustainable Development Goals, we’ll look at how SMEs can become sustainable, create a Carbon Reduction and Nature Positive Plan, help create sustainable supply chains and ultimately tackle Global Challenges like Food Security.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of the basic science of climate change and how climate change will affect us both globally and locally.
- Understand the Sustainable Development Goals and how climate change is affected by and affects the Key Attributes of a Sustainable Food System.
- Explore the low carbon and nature positive objectives of local, national and international governments and why we need to act in the food sector.
- Understand what a sustainable business model is and how to create one for a sustainable food sector.
- Gain an understanding of how you can mobilise change in your organisation.
- Explore strategies for influencing and supporting others in your value chain to take action on climate change.
- Create a Carbon Reduction and Nature Positive Plan to reduce your Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions, support the reduction in biodiversity loss, and contribute to the key attributes of a sustainable food system and sector.
What is a sustainable food system - it provides healthy and nutritious food to people and creates sustainable environmental, economic and social systems surrounding food. Sustainable food systems start with the development of sustainable agricultural practices, the development of more sustainable food distribution systems, the creation of sustainable diets and the reduction of food waste throughout the system. Sustainable food systems have been argued to be central to many or all of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Duration: two consecutive morning sessions - 9:30 – 13:00 on both days.
- Location: online, this training can also be arranged as a bespoke course on a date to suit you. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Fees: £150.
- The fee includes tuition, question-and-answer sessions, online course materials and a review of your Carbon Reduction and Nature Positive Plan.
- Terms and conditions. You must be 16 years or over to attend this course.
Meet your senior trainer
Pauline Stirling is an education expert, with a career spanning the classroom, as Head of Department, freelance educational consultant, author of educational resources, writer of pedagogical articles and blogs, and online tutor.
Sustainable Food Workshop