Thu, 16 Feb|
Carbon Literacy for the Housing Sector (Mornings of 16th & 17th February)
Specifically developed for those working in the social housing sector, this online course delivered by SDG Changemakers will cover the science of climate change, local and global impacts and how these will affect the work and duties of housing providers.
Time & Location
16 Feb 2023, 9:30 am GMT
About the event
About the event
This workshop is split over two consecutive mornings, Thursday 16th & Friday, 17th of February, starting at 9.30 am until 1 pm.
Explore climate solutions, create an action plan for yourself and your work, and gain a Carbon Literate certification on our online course.
Specifically developed for those in the Social Housing Sector, this online course will give you the knowledge and the tools to reduce your company's impact on the environment and support your residents.
We will cover the science of climate change, local and global impacts and how these affect the day-to-day operations of the business and clients.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of the basic science of climate change and how climate change will affect us both globally and locally.
- Gain an understanding of how you can mobilise change in your job role.
- Explore the low carbon objectives and why we need to act in the Social Housing sector.
- Create an action plan to help reduce the carbon footprint of your workplace and organisation and how that relates to your residents.
- Explore strategies for influencing and supporting others to take action on climate change.
What is Carbon Literacy? The Carbon Literacy Project describes it as ‘An awareness of the carbon costs and impacts of everyday activities and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.’
- Duration: two consecutive morning sessions - 9:30 – 13:00 on both days.
- Location: online, this training can also be arranged as a bespoke course on dates to suit you. Please get in touch to find out more.
- There are up to two additional hours of independent work for accreditation.
- Fees: £135.
- The fee includes tuition, question and answer sessions, online course materials and Carbon Literacy Project accreditation.
- Terms and conditions. You must be 16 years or over to attend this course.
Meet your trainer
Pauline Stirling is an education expert, with a career spanning the classroom, as Head of Department, freelance educational consultant, author of educational resources, writer of pedagogical articles and blogs, and online tutor.
This is an an online ticket.£135.00+£3.38 service fee