Tue, 07 Nov|
Carbon Literacy for Business (SMEs) (Tuesday 7th & Wednesday 8th of November 2023)
This online sustainability workshop is aimed at helping the industry understand Climate Change, implement sustainable practices in line with growing conscious consumer trends, and create well-being for People and Planet.
Time & Location
07 Nov 2023, 9:30 am GMT
About the event
This workshop is split over two consecutive mornings, Tuesday 7th & Wednesday, 8th of November 2023, starting at 9.30 am until 1 pm.
Explore climate change, create an Action Plan, and gain Carbon Literate certification on our online course.
SDG Changemakers' education and domain experts have designed this online workshop for those leading and managing businesses.
This interactive online workshop will give you the knowledge and the tools to help reduce your Company's impact on the environment. Our immersive experience will explore practical ways to reduce our impact on the environment, address climate change and understand social justice. During this Carbon Literacy training, we will cover a wide range of topics, including waste reduction, energy conservation, the circular economy, and the science behind and the effects of climate change.
The workshop blends Sustainable Business practices with Carbon Literacy to create a mind-shift in tackling GHG Emissions personally and professionally. Throughout the workshop, we will help you understand climate change, how to communicate effectively, set Net Zero Targets, and work out how to get the team on board and achieve your goals.
You'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the field and connect with other like-minded individuals who are committed to making a positive change. By the end of the workshop, you'll leave with a comprehensive understanding of sustainability, climate change and the tools and knowledge to make a difference.
The workshop covers the science of climate change, local and global impacts and how these affect day-to-day business operations and influence procurement and sourcing requirements. Drawing on our experience and expertise in sustainable business model design and the Sustainable Development Goals, we’ll look at how businesses can become sustainable, help create sustainable supply chains and ultimately tackle the Global Challenges we all face.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of the science of climate change and how climate change affects us both globally and locally.
- Understand the Sustainable Development Goals and how climate change is affected by and affects Global Challenges.
- Explore the low carbon objectives of local, national and international governments and why we need to act in the business sector.
- Understand what a sustainable business model is and how to create one.
- Gain an understanding of how you can mobilise change in your organisation.
- Explore strategies for influencing and supporting others in your value chain to take action on climate change.
- Understand how you can take crucial steps towards influencing consumer choices for a cleaner and greener future for our planet while supporting waste reduction.
- Create an Action Plan to support reducing GHG emissions and create Well-being for People and the Planet.
What is Carbon Literacy? The Carbon Literacy Project describes it as ‘An awareness of the carbon costs and impacts of everyday activities and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.’ We would add that being Carbon Literate is now an essential part of our jobs and roles as it helps us all to communicate using the same language, reduce miscommunication and enact the change the planet so desperately needs.
About this workshop
This workshop has been designed by our curriculum and domain experts. To find out more, click here.
- Duration: two consecutive morning sessions - 9:30 – 13:00 on both days.
- Location: online, this training can also be arranged as a bespoke course on a date to suit you. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Fees: £145.
- The fee includes tuition, question-and-answer sessions, online course materials and a review of your Carbon Reduction and Nature Positive Plan.
- Terms and conditions. You must be 16 years or older to attend this course.
Meet your senior trainer
Pauline Stirling is an education expert, with a career spanning the classroom, as Head of Department, freelance educational consultant, author of educational resources, writer of pedagogical articles and blogs, and online tutor.
Sustainable Business Workshop£145.00