Wed, 27 Mar|
Hamilton, New Zealand
The Business Case for Sustainability (March Registrations Closed)
Sustainability is no-longer a nice to do, it is a core business pillar. This 1/2 day workshop helps businesses to understand the business risks, strategic advantages and financial benefits of integrating sustainability into their operations.
Time & Location
27 Mar 2024, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm NZDT
Hamilton, New Zealand, Zenders, 44 Hopkins Road (formerly, 439 Ruakura Road), Newstead, Hamilton 3286, New Zealand
About the event
About the Workshop
This 1/2 day interactive workshop is designed for businesses seeking to understand the business risks, strategic advantages and financial benefits of integrating sustainability into their operations. Through interactive sessions and case studies, participants will explore how sustainability practices contribute to long-term profitability, resilience, and positive societal impact.
Meet our dynamic workshop facilitator, Claire Benson. Claire brings a wealth of expertise to guide you through this interactive workshop. With 25-years working in social and environmental sustainability, Claire is a seasoned professional with valuable insights into the business landscape, sustainable development and innovation.
As the founder of SDG Changemakers, Claire is responsible for the vision and business strategy of the Company and has recently landed an Innovate UK grant and Arohia Seed Grant from Callaghan Innovation to progress innovation in the circular economy space. As an assessor for The University of Cambridge sustainability courses, Claire also brings the latest global trends to the training.
Module 1: Introduction to Sustainability in Business
- Understanding the fundamentals: What is sustainability in the business context?
- Exploring the business imperative for sustainability: Benefits and challenges.
- Case studies showcasing successful sustainable business models.
Module 2: Understanding the Principles of True Cost Accounting
- Introduction to True Cost Accounting (TCA) and its relevance to sustainability.
- Evaluating the hidden costs of unsustainable practices.
- Financial benefits of integrating sustainability: Cost savings, risk mitigation, and revenue opportunities.
Module 3: Building a Purpose-Driven Organization
- Defining organisational purpose aligned with sustainability goals.
- Strategies for embedding sustainability in the company's mission and culture.
- Role of leadership in fostering a purpose-driven approach.
Module 4: Implementing Sustainable Practices
- Practical steps to integrate sustainability into business operations.
- Developing a sustainability roadmap: Setting goals, metrics, and implementation strategies.
- Overcoming challenges and engaging stakeholders in the sustainability journey.
Module 5: Interactive Group Activity and Discussion
- Group exercise: Crafting a sustainability strategy for a hypothetical business scenario.
- Facilitated discussion and sharing of insights among participants.
- Q&A session addressing specific business challenges and opportunities.
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the business case for sustainability and its impact on long-term profitability and resilience.
- Gain insights into True Cost Accounting and its significance in making informed business decisions.
- Identify strategies to align organisational purpose with sustainability goals.
- Acquire practical tools and frameworks to integrate sustainable practices into their business operations.
- Engage in collaborative discussions and exercises to apply sustainability concepts to real-world scenarios.
This workshop aims to empower businesses with the knowledge and tools necessary to leverage sustainability as a driver of financial success and positive societal impact.
Cost (to be invoiced)
$400+GST per person.
Eligible SMEs* may receive up to 75% subsidy from the Regional Business Network.
*SODA Inc Advisers will assess an SME's eligibility.