Tue, 26 Mar|
Hamilton, New Zealand
(Eligible for up to 75% Funding) Navigating ESG for SMEs in New Zealand
This 1/2 day workshop is designed for fast-growing small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in New Zealand who want to understand why and how integrating Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) practices into business strategies is important for economic growth in global markets.
Time & Location
26 Mar 2024, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm NZDT
Hamilton, New Zealand
About the event
About the Workshop
What You Will Learn
- Understanding Governance & ESG: Grasp the essentials of governance and ESG and why they are crucial for your business’s sustainability and growth.
- Tailored Governance Frameworks: Discover governance models and structures that work best for New Zealand SMEs, backed by successful local case studies.
- ESG Integration Strategies: Learn how to incorporate environmental and social responsibilities into your business strategy, focusing on New Zealand's unique environmental and community dynamics.
- Effective Reporting and Transparency: Get insights into ESG reporting standards suitable for SMEs and learn how to communicate your sustainability efforts to stakeholders.
- Interactive Sessions: Engage in real-time polls, discussions, and hands-on exercises tailored to the New Zealand SME context.
- Local Case Studies: Learn from the experiences of New Zealand SMEs that have successfully implemented sustainable practices.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with other business leaders and form mentoring circles for ongoing support and collaboration.
- Stay Competitive: Understand how adopting sustainable practices can give your business a competitive edge.
- Meet Compliance and Expectations: Get up to speed with the latest in governance and ESG compliance, crucial for business success in today’s market.
- Customized for NZ SMEs: Benefit from content and examples specifically relevant to New Zealand’s business and environmental landscape.
- Access to workshop materials and resources.
- Invitation to exclusive webinars and an online community for continued learning and support.
- Opportunity for post-workshop consultations with our experts.
Meet our dynamic workshop facilitator, Claire Benson. Claire brings a wealth of expertise to guide you through this interactive workshop. With 25-years working in social and environmental sustainability, Claire is a seasoned professional with valuable insights into the business landscape, sustainable development, and innovation.
As the founder of SDG Changemakers, Claire is responsible for the vision and business strategy of the Company and has recently landed an Innovate UK grant and Arohia Seed Grant from Callaghan Innovation to progress innovation in the circular economy space. As an assessor for The University of Cambridge, UK sustainability courses, Claire also brings the latest global trends applicable to SMEs to the training.
This workshop is a must-do for New Zealand SMEs looking to integrate sustainability into their business models and stay ahead in a rapidly evolving business environment.
The cost which will be invoiced
$400+GST per person.
Eligible SMEs* may receive up to 75% subsidy from the Regional Business Network.
*SODA Inc Advisers will assess an SME's eligibility.